Total Pageviews

Thursday 11 July 2019

Perspective of a activist from animal protection group

I am a activist from a animal protection group and I have been a activist for more than 10 years. I have been working to save the animals from pet shops and bad breeders in Japan. I own a dog and cat protection house to adopt the dogs and cats from pet shops or breeders to help them live in a better condition and find a new owner. Animal shelters have a strict rules to adopt the dog or a cat like family structure, the size of a house, lifestyles, income, what kind of job they have and how they will look after the dog or a cat. Not all organizations have those above rules but most of the organizations have those strict rules, so people tend to avoid adopting from those organizations or people could end up giving up to adopt from those organizations.
I want lot's of dogs and cats to be happy, so I don't give people to follow a strict rule. I only have a rule of loving the dog until the end of it's life, and it is able to have a dog or a cat at the house people live in(as some houses don't allow dogs or cats), and they have enough money and time for looking after dogs and cats. I thought of making more strict rules for peoples who want to adopt the dog like not letting people adopt the dog or a cat if they live alone, but I want lot's of dogs and cats to be happy and it doesn't mean that if people live alone dogs and cats can't be happy.
I visit the pet takers and bad breeders to save the dogs as much as possible even though they disagree as they can still 'use' the dog to breed and sell. We even pay the pet takers for us to adopt the dogs. Some dogs need to hospitalize for a treatment as the condition is too bad at the pet takers.
I want more people to know more about the backgrounds of pet shops and learn the advantages of adopting dogs from shelters or good breeders.

1 comment:

  1. This is an interesting, nuanced, and compassionate point of view. Well thought out.

    Cheers,
    Joseph D.

    ReplyDelete

Our feedback

I was glad that most of my classmates said that my presentation was very informative and easy to understand, but I thought that I could’ve d...