Total Pageviews

Thursday 18 July 2019

Perspective of a Breeder

As a breeder i have been breeding dogs and cats according to demands from individuals for the behaviors and physical characteristics they want.For example, people just find it cuter when their Yorkie or pug has a shorter tail so cutting them off would be essential as well as ears for certain types.  Without me (breeders in general there would be a lot more random selection of behaviors and characteristics of dogs and cats. Many of these randomly produced cats and dogs may not have the behavioral and characteristics that individuals want. this could result in more stray animals, more animals euthanized., and less appreciation for dogs and cats.

1 comment:

  1. That's an interesting justification for what they do. I really hadn't thought about this side of it before. Of course, the argument breaks down when you realize that these animals are produced despite the fact that many animals are waiting in shelters for homes...a large proportion of these animals in shelters having been produced by irresponsible breeders.

    I wonder if there's such thing as a "responsible breeder" when so many animals are waiting in shelters for homes and will be euthanized if they don't find a home.

    Cheers,
    Joseph D.

    ReplyDelete

Our feedback

I was glad that most of my classmates said that my presentation was very informative and easy to understand, but I thought that I could’ve d...